At today’s general membership meeting of (BANCF) the Builders Association of North Central Florida, Ozean Consulting released the results of an Alachua County Poll. Areas of the poll dealt with the current political environment in Alachua County and questions about various proposed sales tax initiatives.
902 Registered Voters in Alachua County were interviewed in a random sample. Interviews were conducted over three evenings 1/13/2012 – 1/15/2012. Respondents were screened for voter registration and the poll result was weighted to all know demographic factors. All interviews were conducted by IVR.
The margin of error for this survey is +-3.25% with a 95% confidence level. In addition to sampling error, question wording and practical difficulties in conducting surveys can introduce error or bias in the findings. Cross Tabs will have a higher margin of error.
Questions in the poll
- “Generally speaking, do you feel that things in Alachua County are headed in the right direction, or do you feel that we have gotten off track and are headed in the wrong direction?”
- “Do you approve or disapprove of the overall job performance of Alachua’s Board of County Commissioners?”
- “To ease traffic congestion, build and maintain roads, and increase the operation of mass transit options, Alachua County shall levy a one cent sales tax surcharge. If the election were held today, would you vote definitely yes, probably yes, probably no, or definitely no? “
- “To maintain Alachua County’s public schools current level of revenue, Alachua County shall renew the expiring one-millage point property tax. If the election were held today, would you vote definitely yes, probably yes, probably no, or definitely no? “
- “Alachua County shall levy a one penny sales tax surcharge for children’s programs. If the election were held today, would you vote definitely yes, probably yes, probably no, or definitely no? “